Sunday, August 20, 2006
Showing to prospective renters?
We got a letter from the manager of the complex this morning giving us the required 24 hour notice before intending to come and enter our townhouse. The reason for the visit? He is showing the townhouse to prospective renters! I just cannot believe that they are going to show this townhouse to anybody before:
  1. having had a look themselves;
  2. having made any repairs; and
  3. waited until next week when most of the boxes and clutter would have been gone.

We have lived here for 20 years now and there has been minimal maintenance done on the unit. We still have the original carpets from 20 years ago! Oh well... It is not my problem.

I have thrown out more computer equipment today: modems this time. It turns out I had one of pretty much every generation of modems. I was missing the 300 baud one, but otherwise the list is pretty complete: 1200, 2400, 9600, 14400, 28800. I think the only reason I do not have whichever modem comes after the 28800 is that we got onto cable by then. I have also thrown out floppy diskettes by the hundreds: mostly 3.5 inch floppies, but I also had quite a few 5.25 inch ones.

I think the term is pack rat.

Good night!

 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 8:08 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: