Thursday, July 28, 2005
Jinxed
I should have known that as soon as I mentioned how well we were doing for change windows the whole thing would go to pot. As I mentioned yesterday, we added 9 new tape drives to one of our robots. We ran out of time so we rebooted the server early this afternoon so that it could see the new drives. This all went well, and we even got some backups going and they mounted on the drives (we have not yet defined the new drives in the backup software). Anyway, I checked this evening and all but 3 of the drives (there were 15 to being with) are now in a DOWN state. It would appear that the bindings we are trying to do in the Host Bus Adapter card are not working. Not much I can do tonight with all the backups currently running - but I know what I will be doing tomorrow.

On the family side of things, my son finally started his own blog yesterday; so now all my kids have their own blogs. The cool thing about this is that now I don't have to talk to them - all I have to do to find out how they feel is go and read their blog (and if you believe that I have a bridge I am trying to get rid of). But it is great to be able to refer to their blogs to get a little window into their lives. Just as they can get a very small window into mine by reading this blog. Of course they probably think that all I do is work since that what I mostly talk about :)

I guess that's all for tonight. Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 9:50 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: