Monday, July 25, 2005
A restart seems to have worked
As I mentioned yesterday, a fair amount of work was waiting for me because of the problems we were having with our media servers. It was even worse than I expected with two of the media servers having lost connectivity with the robot control host. Those servers needed the Netbackup software restarted before they would communicate again. And in the afternoon, I restarted the robot control host as it too was very confused as to what was or was not mounted in the tape drives. I had a look at the media servers before coming to bed and it would appear that things are back to normal. We will know for sure tomorrow.

On the home front, I spend most of my time at home finishing the latest Harry Potter which I have now completed. To say that I was surprised by the turn of events would be an understatement - but you are not going to get details about it here. If you want to know, do yourself a favour and read the book. Of course that gave my wife and daughters an opportunity to grab the downstairs computers so I had to go upstairs to get online. Woe is me - yeah right!

Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:17 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: