Monday, July 18, 2005
Mostly uneventful
Ahh, Monday. Back to work after a weekend that was much too short. The only good thing was that I did not have to worry at all about backups and the office as it was my co-worker's turn to monitor the backups. Not to worry though, the problems were waiting for me to get back to work. When I got to the office, I found out that one of our main backup robots had decided to take a good part of the night off. Fortunately for me, I had dealt with that problem before so it only took about 15 minutes to get things back in order again. We will have to investigate this problem as this is the second time that it has reared its ugly head. The rest of the work day was anti-climatic after that.

On the home front, it has finally gotten to be hot enough to put the window air conditioner up. Not that I'm complaining that we went this long without it, but it is nice to see that the summer weather has finally arrived, hopefully to stay. Also, it is the second night in a row that my wife and I are the only ones in the house; my daughters are house-sitting for the parents of a friend of theirs so are spending the night there. I guess this is what the future will look like - just the two of us here. It has not been just the two of us for over 20 years so it will take some getting used to.

Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 10:09 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: