Thursday, February 23, 2006
Oh what fun
There is nothing like taking the elevator up with a co-worker on the way to my desk this morning and have her tell me that there was a problem with one of the backup servers. I would have hoped that I would be the one in the know since after all those are the servers I am looking after. But no, I had to hear it from her first.

Which of course reminded me that I had received an email last night on my Blackberry about core file problems on that very server. But since I received the email during a meeting I was attending, by the time I got home I had forgotten all about it.

Turns out that the external disk storage that master server uses, a Sun SE3310, decided to reboot itself and therefore the server lost connectivity with the disk. Murphy was certainly fully involved with this problem as it happened mere minutes after the last of the staff had left for the day and remained unnoticed until I came in 13.5 hours later. Needless to say (but again I will say it anyway) none of the backups ran last night.

Yet another night where there was little at home time as tonight was choir practice. I do not remember the last time where I have had a week with 3 evenings filled with meetings. Here's hoping for a quieter week next week!

Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:08 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: