Sunday, July 10, 2005
Visitor from far away
Today we had my youngest daughter's friend from Russia spend the day. When my daughter went to Russia on a class trip earlier this year, she was billeted for the first part of the trip with a Russian family. For the next three weeks or so, some of the students with whom the local kids were billeted have come to Canada for a visit. They are staying with people they have billeted in the past. The girl my daughter stayed with came over for the day as her billet had to go to work for the day and she had nowhere to go. It was certainly a delight to have her around. She is an inquisitive, bright young woman and she marvels at anything new she comes in contact with. She brought with her pictures of her and her family and it was great to get to know the members of her family. I should mention here that my daughter had forgotten to take pictures of them when she was there so it was a bonus to get pictures of them.

Otherwise a pretty quiet day, spent mostly in getting everything ready for church tomorrow. And speaking of that, I should probably go to bed so that I am not tired when I go to church.

Goodnight everyone!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 12:00 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: