Sunday, February 26, 2006
Early start to the day
I had to get up at 5:30am so that I could send an email confirming the successful completion of a backup so that work on a server could go ahead. Not my idea of fun. At least I made it worth my while. Since I was going to be up that early, I had also arranged to make the changes to the network connections of one of our master servers. We want to have a direct connection to one of our customer's network - therefore bypassing their firewall - so that we can see if the backup throughput will increase. The investigating that has been done so far would seem to indicate that we should see an increase as the firewall was being overwhelmed.

Since I was working on powerpoint presentations until 2am last night, you can surmise that I did not get much sleep: 2:30-5:30, and then 7:00-9:00. Definitely not anywhere near as much sleep as I should get; ideally I should be sleeping about 8 hours a night. I think I am averaging about 6.5 since I have gone back to work.

I did get a chance to spend some quality time with the other members of the family here in town (um, kind of a Duh! statement there). We don't usually spend a lot of time together so it was great to be together for a longer than usual time period. Hopefully we can do this some more on a regular basis.

Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 10:32 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: