Wednesday, April 19, 2006
The wonders of OS installs
Today I decided that I was going to install the latest version of Ubuntu DapperDrake Flight 6 on my workstation at the office to see how it was. Now I was running Ubuntu BreezyBadger (5.10) on the workstation already, but I decided on a clean install to see how it would work. Unfortunately for me, it did not work very well. For whatever reason, on both tries the install did not install X, or xfonts, or gdm. And even after I installed all those manually, I could not login as the login process seemed to hang after putting up the "Windows manager" icon on the screen. I am now running Fedora Core 5 on my workstation.

One of our dogs apparently developed an allergic reaction to something she ate (or sniffed) yesterday. She was wheezing all the time and sounded really bad. So my wife and younger daughter (it is my younger daughter's dog) went to the vet today and he gave them some anti-inflammatory medication. Vanilla (that's the name of the dog) is feeling much better now so we are all relieved.

I fixed dinner tonight - I went out and brought pizza home. I am a very good cook (hahaha).

Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:21 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: