Wednesday, June 21, 2006
Problem solved
There had been one thing that had been giving me fits with my new Mac computers: the fact that I had not been able to set up the printing to our HP printer attached to our Windows computer. I had a great amount of trouble getting my Mac to even see the printer: that was a hit and miss proposition - actually mostly miss. And when I was able to see the printer, the printer driver I needed was nowhere to be found, even though it is supposed to be included with the version of Mac OS X I am running.

After much searching of the web, I finally found help at LinuxPrinting.org, specifically on the "HPIJS for Mac OS X" page. After installing the two packages on that page, I was able to select the right printer driver. I still had to use the Advanced settings to define the printer (Option click on the "More Printers" icon) but this last problem has now been solved to my satisfaction.

Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:58 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: