Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Went to a movie
I forgot to mention in my previous entry that we (the whole family) went to see X-Men: The Last Stand. I don't know that I would have called it a great movie, but I was surprised when we got to the end that we were already there; time just flew. To me that is a great indication of how much I liked the movie that I was engrossed in it enough to not notice how much time had passed. If you have seen the previous X-Men movies I would highly recommend that you go see this one.

I did not feel great today, I had a headache most of the day. It did go away by the end of the afternoon so I wonder if maybe it was because I had not eaten anything for breakfast. I will have to make a point to eat something tomorrow morning to see if that makes any difference.

I added a printer to my old laptop today, the one on which I mentioned installing Xubuntu. It is a little more convoluted than I would like, since Xfce (the windowing environment used by Xubuntu) does not have a utility to add a printer. Fortunately for me, I had already added that same printer on my Linux desktop (running KDE under PCLinuxOS) which helped me to know how to format the URi for the printer (Windows printer under SAMBA). And after making a small change to the /etc/group file (adding cupsys to the shadow group) and restarting cupsd, I was able to add the printer using CUPS by going to http://localhost:631 (localhost is the local machine you are on for those new to Unix).

Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:42 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: