Monday, June 05, 2006
A pleasant change
This week, if nothing comes up to change this, is the first week in a long time where I do not have any evening meetings. Of course, some of it has to do with the fact that summer is fast approaching but, regardless of the reason, it is nice to not have to go anywhere in the evenings.

I did receive my refreshed workstation and laptop today. My new workstation is very fast and the laptop is in a whole different category than the one it replaces. The fact that I (well the team actually even though it is kept at my desk) already have a similar laptop does reduce the "wow" factor. I did find out however that Fedora Core 5 (a Linux distribution) does not attempt to set up the wireless connection - other distributions actually brought up the wireless connections on the existing laptop. I should try those distributions on the new laptop to see if they will get it going as well.

Good night!


powered by performancing firefox

 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:58 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: