Sunday, July 31, 2005
Hot time in the city
Summer has arrived with a vengeance here. We've have been staying away from the heat and sun and tried to stay cool inside. I have no real idea how hot it got, but in was very warm in the sun. I think we overworked our air conditioner and had to turn it off for a while so it could get warmed up (frozen ice inside the unit was causing it to perform very poorly). Let's hope it will be back to its cold producing peak by bedtime tonight.

Looks like we used over 30 tapes overnight once again. If that keeps up I will have to go and put even more tapes in the robot sometime tomorrow. I hope things slow down so I don't have to. Another one of our robots used up all its free tapes, but since it is in a locked office 100 miles from here it will have to wait until the office staff comes back before that can be fixed. Unfortunately, it would appear that the full backup for that server is now larger than the number of tapes in that small robot. Fortunately for me I'm on vacation next week so I won't have to deal with that. Over to you Elaine!

Someone mentioned stargazing yesterday. I also have not done it in a while. It would appear we as a civilization have become blase about the world around us and we no longer notice the beauty that surrounds us. Every once in a while it invades our consciousness and we are awed by it - well at least I am.

Well that's all I have for tonight - Good night all!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 9:02 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: