Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Business trip
I was out of town for the last two days on a business trip. The trip was very successful as we accomplished most if not all of our objectives during our trip. It did take somewhat longer than we had anticipated as the plan had been that we would be back in town by the end of the business day. We did not get home until 9pm. And the computer room where we did most of the work is basically just a concrete room; no carpeting, no chairs, no internet connectivity, no cell connectivity. So I now have very sore feet and back. I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight. The bed at the hotel was comfortable, but nothing is as good as your own bed.

The first night my co-worker suggested that we go for a couple of beers at a "jiggly" bar. Well it turned out to be more than a couple of beers and we were there for over 4 hours! It was a very effective reminder as to why I don't drink anymore. It will be a long time before I drink more than one beer at one sitting again. I just don't see what enjoyment you get out of it and also how you feel the next day just does not make it worth it for me. Live and learn (again)....

Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 10:55 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: