Wednesday, August 24, 2005
Unproductive evening
I have spent the evening trying out different Linux live CDs to see if some of them were not having the problem that is plaguing my installed version of Linux: namely that the secondary IDE controller does not seem to be working with DMA turned on. I have found a couple that did not seem to be exhibiting the problem, but I have yet to decide on whether or not I will be changing the distribution I am running yet again. First things first though, I need to backup the data before doing anything to the hard drive. That should be interesting as the CD writer is one of the drives that is having the no DMA trouble.

Work was uneventful; the only thing worthy of note I guess is that the Sun engineer that was supposed to come replace the battery on the storage array (SE3310) could not make it today and instead will come early tomorrow morning.

Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:49 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: