Thursday, August 18, 2005
Virus havoc
Things at work are a little hectic as one of the viruses that has been let loose is creating havoc with all (well it certainly seems like all) the Windows 2000 servers we have. All of the Win2K media servers have been showing signs of being infected and behaving erratically. Backups on some of them just failed right in the midst of the backup taking place and we have not been able to communicate with those servers since. I know our Windows group has been working feverishly to get a handle on the virus and I really feel for them.

On a more worrisome note: one of our master servers is running out of disk space for the image catalog. I have been told that running out of space on the disk housing the image catalog is a very bad idea so I have been working to get a replacement disk array set up for that master server. I took all afternoon to get the array set up, but now it looks like the battery in that particular unit is bad. But since it would appear that I do not have the luxury of waiting until next week to replace the disk array, the new array will have to be installed with the bad battery which will need to be replaced at a later date. To make matters worse some of the gear I need to make the installation has yet to arrive - so I will have to beg and borrow it from someone else. I sure hope I can find that someone else tomorrow.

Well I better go to bed as I have a big day in front of me tomorrow.

Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:54 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: