Thursday, September 29, 2005
The cure for frustration is called MEPIS
I should mention to begin with that I was not feeling too good this morning; I think I was running a fever and my nose was all stuffed up and my throat was sore. I usually wait until after my shower to make a decision whether or not to call in sick as I have been known to feel much better after taking my shower. Unfortunately, today was not one of those days. So I decided to stay home and rest. I did not go back to bed as my head felt better if I stayed upright.

I therefore sat in front of the computer and contemplated what to do about the Linspire problem. After looking through all the live CDs that I have around, I decided to try SimplyMEPIS. After booting it, I was impressed to see that everything was working as it should and it was actually not too slow even though it was running off of a CD. It even did a couple of things that no other Linux distribution had been setup to do. I decided right then and there to install it on the hard disk.

SimplyMEPIS simply works! The distribution is put out by a US company called MEPIS. I had most everything up and running by 10am and since I was feeling better I decided to work from home. I was able to do all that I normally do at work from home; now I have been able to set Linux to do that before (after all, I am running a Linux workstation at the office) but now less than 2 hours after deciding to install the distribution. I have now used it for almost 18 hours and I am still very impressed about SimplyMEPIS. And on top of that it is a test version that I am running. If you are looking for an easy distribution to install - give SimplyMEPIS a good look.

I (I really should say we) was not able to talk/chat with my wife today. She sent an email and it sounded like it was a frustrating day for her. It must be hard on her to have to see her fading away. Well at least her sister and husband are coming down for a visit so it will be easier on her since she will have reinforcements.

Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:19 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: