Wednesday, September 28, 2005
Linux frustration
Last year, when I was looking for a Linux distribution to replace Fedora on my home machine, I tried Linspire 4.5. At the time I really liked it and I would have run it on my home PC had it not been for the fact that they want US$50/year for support. Since I had never paid for support before, I decided to look elsewhere.

Fast forward to last week. After replacing the motherboard on my computer, Linux was acting up. So, since Linspire now has a cheaper support option, I decided to install it. Except that since last year they have put out Linspire Five-O. So of course that is what I installed. Unfortunately, I have had nothing but frustration at this OS install. Sound works then does not work. Web browser is very unstable. So I installed their version of Firefox. That works much better but the printing is all screwed up. If I had hair to spare I would pull it out... I think I am ready to just consider this episode as an experiment gone bad and just move on. We will see how I feel about it this weekend since I do not have time to re-install before then.

Today was my wife's birthday so "Happy birthday, sweetheart!". Sorry you had to be away from home on your birthday but we will make it up somehow.

Not much else to talk about so I will close for tonight.

Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:21 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: