Friday, September 16, 2005
On the mend
Both of my daughters were at work today so they were feeling better (either that or the drugs had kicked in). This was another evening where all of us had to be at two different places at the same time. I had a meeting to go to at church (which was at the same time as choir practice) and my wife and daughters were going to their choir practice. So it went like this: 3 of us had supper at home, and then went to pick my older daughter at her work. There I was dropped off at the bus stop so I could catch the bus to the church while they drove out to choir practice. They then came back after their practice to pick me up at church as my meeting ran very long.

We have had our first day of using the new disk. Everything seems to be working okay and a side benefit is that our catalog backups (where we backup all the backup information/indices to tape) took only 4 hours as opposed to the 7-8 hours it took before. And this is with the same amount of data! I guess there is a big difference to having mirrored stripes as opposed to a hardware RAID5 filesystem (which is much faster). Whatever the reason we are certainly very happy that the daily catalog backup is so much faster.

Good day!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:45 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: