Monday, December 19, 2005
Cannot catch them all
I "lucked out" on Saturday night and stumbled upon the problem with the filesystem on the master server. That saved us from having no backups for that night. We were not so lucky Sunday night: one of our other master servers also had trouble with its filesystem and this time no backups took place during the night. It was not noticed until my co-worker and I logged in this morning and tried to check the backups - hard to do when there are none! Anyway, this time it turned out that the storage array where the filesystem is located rebooted itself; and since a reboot (controller reset is the accurate terminology) wipes out the event log, there is no way of finding out what happened before the reboot.

I got to talk to my wife on MSN voice chat tonight! She had just managed to install the latest version of MSN which enabled the voice chat capability. It was a one way voice conversation since she did not have a microphone - but she will remedy that tomorrow so we will be able to chat back and forth without using the phone. Hurrah!

Played with Yahoo 360 today. It was fun to set things up - but I guess it really is very similar to LiveJournal to cite but one example. I am not moving my blog there - as a matter of fact I link to this blog (as well as my other blog) in the feeds section of the page. You can check out my Yahoo 360 page here.

Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 10:32 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: