Saturday, December 17, 2005
Upgrade purgatory
I forgot to mention that there has been a new version of the distribution I run on my Linux computer - SimplyMEPIS. This distribution has been very easy to use and to install so I figured I would upgrade to the latest version. Unfortunately there has been a couple of glitches with the new version. One is that the Pogo Java games do not work with the version of Firefox that is installed - I have had to revert to an older version (v1.07) for things to work again. And more seriously, printing no longer works. There has been a lot of talk about those problems in the MEPIS forum but it seemed like the problems had been addressed. Well there are problems left as printing does not work for me. I sent some logs to MEPIS which hopefully will help them figure out what the problem(s) is(are).

Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 1:02 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: