Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Earlier bedtime?
Well it should not be too hard to get to bed at an earlier time tonight - after all it was 1:30am when I finally got myself to bed last night (this morning?). And just as I was afraid of, I was really dragging myself around in the afternoon - hence the call for an earlier bedtime.

My wife got MSN Messenger to work! Yeah! If I heard right, she basically kept uninstalling and installing until it worked. I think that the method that worked was uninstall MSN7.5, install MSN6.2 which complained that she really needed to install a newer version of MSN and could it do that now to which my wife said "Yes" and it's working now. How long it works is anybody's guess. We really only care that it works until December 29th which is when my wife comes back home. Of course, I would bet that my wife would hope it would keep on working so she can video chat with her sister who is taking over the "nurse" duties from her.

Work was frustrating, particularly for my co-worker. There is only the two of us in the office until the new year - the people that joined our group all had their Christmas vacation approved at their previous location and they all had between today to Jan.3rd off. Not much we could do about that. Add to the fact that whatever she tried to fix today would not only not get fixed but actually get worse and you can guess what state of mind she was in when she left for the day.

I was not too happy with Kubuntu so I decided to re-install the version of SimplyMEPIS that was working for me (3.3.2test03). This is what I am using right now - and so far everything works. Hopefully I can keep this working. I guess nowadays working is better than newfangled.

Good night!

Update at 1:15am: Arrggghhh!!!!!!! Just as I was getting ready to head off to bed, one of the backup servers at work decided to crash and reboot! I have been trying to get things back to normal but so far I have not had much luck. Looks like the jobs will have to die on their own - I certainly could not convince them to die. More fun for tomorrow....
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:00 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: