Wednesday, December 21, 2005
So I'm an idiot
Here it is 1am and I am still up. I must be crazy as I will most certainly be regretting it big time this morning. This is mostly due to the fact that I got tired of waiting for the bugs in this release candidate version of SimplyMepis to be fixed. In this version, printing to a Windows SMB printer does not work, and neither do the java games at Pogo. So I decided to do something about it and install another distribution. Since I like Ubuntu, I decided to try out Kubuntu here at home. Kubuntu uses KDE whereas Ubuntu uses Gnome. So here it is 1am and I am finally finished the installation. I am glad to report that printing works again and so does Pogo - although sound for the games does not seem to be working. Oh well, one step at a time.

Part of the evening was spent trying, unsuccessfully, to get MSN Messenger working for my wife down south. She had it working last night, and we voice chatted. But now that she has bought a web camera so that we can have two way conversation, Messenger refuses to work. I must confess to being out of ideas as to why it does not work.

Weird things continue to happen at work. This time, one of our media servers decided to reboot itself. The weird thing is that there is no indication anywhere on the system as to why it decided to reboot. Another mystery that I will not have time to solve. I spent a good part of the day at work cleaning tape drives as we were getting quite a few write errors. Then something else came up and we worked on fixing that. We did some stuff, but did not really change anything, and the problem went away. Weird indeed!

Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 12:58 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: