Saturday, December 24, 2005
Friday at last
Okay, so it is Saturday when I write this entry but it is about Friday.

I got to chat with my wife briefly today (Love you, Gorgeous!) but since her brother and his wife came to visit she took the opportunity to go to bed early which means that by the time I got home she had already signed off for the day. Hopefully the extra rest will do her a world of good.

Called around to see if a mobile mechanic would come and fix the car. I probably mentioned that our usual mechanic had closed down his business, so I tried a couple of other places. The first had already closed down for the holidays and is not opening again until January 3rd. The other got back to me a couple of hours after I left a message on their voice mail system, "your call is important to us", and after chatting for a while he basically suggested that what we wanted to do - just bypass the failed heater core - can be done but it would be more cost effective to go to the local Canadian Tire to have them do it. So I guess I will be calling Canadian Tire (on Christmas Eve???) to see if they can do it. Fortunately for us, there is a Canadian Tire close enough to our house that we can probably make it there with the car before it starts to vent a lot of steam.

Most of the day at the office was spent getting ready to put and actually putting enough tapes in our 3 robots so that they will not run out of scratch tapes for the 4 day weekend (Government does not return to work until Wednesday December 27th). That meant putting in 280 tapes (200/40/40) in. The 200 tapes one took a good 2 hours to do. I had the cushy job of ejecting the media and inventorying the robots after the new tapes were put in - my co-worker had to lug all the tapes around - so I had the better end of the deal.

Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 1:05 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: