Thursday, December 01, 2005
Twice in one week
Here is a rarity for Victoria, BC: two snowfalls within 3 days of each other. Usually, we get about 2 snowfalls per year so this is kind of weird. Of course, the typical Victoria pattern kind of stayed true: snow, followed shortly thereafter by rain, and then there's no snow left. So even though we have had two snowfalls (of at least 3cm [about 1 inch] each) there is no snow left on the ground to show for it.

I (I should really say "we" as all of us were there) got to talk to my wife today - on the phone this time! We did do the IM thing as well, but it is always better the phone way. The bad news (for us anyway) is that she will be staying in Houma longer than first thought - until the 29th of December. Someone asked me if this was going to be the first time we would not be together for Christmas, and I think so. We might not have been together for our first Christmas as we were living apart then (my wife had to complete her tour of duty with the Navy Reserves) but I cannot remember (hey, it was 26 years ago!).

Work was work. I found out that our union had people sign up for strike pay while I was sick (we were out for one day when the teachers picketed our building) so everyone but me got a strike pay cheque. I wonder if I can still do it after the fact - I doubt it but there is no hurt in asking.

Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:41 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments: