Monday, February 27, 2006
The grass is always greener
Why is it that we see/hear something really good we go "I wish I could do that..."? The reason I mention this is that I was reading the blog of Wil Wheaton today. His blog entry today was basically about burning a grilled cheese sandwich. But he made it sound so interesting. He is obviously a talented writer. So when I read that and compared my blog to his I thought the saying above.

I really have to stop myself from trying to do the work of two people. My co-worker is on vacation and I am trying to cover her job as well as mine so I have found myself staying at the office late the last couple of days. And I do not like that. It should not be my problem that my department is under staffed and that someone going away cannot be covered by those that remain behind. I guess the "problem" is that I take pride in our group offering a great service and I cannot stand it when things don't get done. But I guess there is a point to be made. I just hate that it is our customers that suffer.

Another quiet night at home. Or maybe I should say that it finally is a quiet night at home. I haven't had enough of those lately. It is nice to be able to relax.

Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 10:27 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I never have to wonder where I get my sense pride or my work ethic... though I have to admit, it has not passed comepletely onto me, you and Mom have definately raised me to be a trusworthy person, in work and in relationship. I don't always thank you... in fact I think I only do on holidays when I'm "supposed" to, but I truly am thankful. You both have given me a safe and rich environment to grow up in and I am so lucky that both my parents were able to instill in me morals that, I think, are so valuable and important. I am so glad to have a Dad like you... I don't tell you enough how much I love and admire you. Thanks. TONS. I love you. *kisses* Your wayward daughter. See you in 10 days!