Saturday, August 13, 2005
And we're back
Well at least the computer is back. It turned out to be the motherboard after all. According to the technician, the motherboard would not "Post". So about $85 later, the computer is back home and almost as good as new. There is a little problem with DMA not working on the secondary IDE controller which I have not figured out yet. But I will give Gizmos a call tomorrow (or Monday) to see if they have heard of that and if they know how to fix it.

Otherwise a pretty quiet day. Got up late, then checked the backups at work which for a change worked for the most part. Then had leftover pizza for lunch (thanks Nikki!). Went and picked up the computer after that. My cell phone has been giving me grief for the last couple of days (cannot hear people calling me and they cannot hear me - making the phone pretty much useless) so went to the dealer to (try to) get a new phone. The lady at the store could not promise anything, but she said she would put on the work order that we were very unhappy with the phone and wanted another one as the other three that the family use work just fine even though they are used more heavily than mine. So I have a loaner phone while they decide what to do with my old phone. Here's hoping.

Dinner was courtesy of my older daughter - we went to Cafe Mexico our favourite Mexican restaurant (thanks Renee!). The food was just as good as usual (well except for the Con Queso dip which was not up to their usual standard) and I am sitting here 3 hours after the meal still stuffed.

Spent the rest of the evening getting PowerPoint presentations ready for church so that's pretty much it as far as news are concerned.

Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:48 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: