Saturday, August 13, 2005
Elation! Maybe not so much
While I was spending the day at the office, except for an enjoyable breakfast and lunch with my wife, my wife volunteered to go talk to Gizmos, the store where I had the broken computer upgraded. They looked up my name on the computer and said that we had 3 days left on the warranty and that we would get the computer repaired for free! My wife went home and brought the computer back. When the guy at Gizmos (downtown) prepared the work order my wife checked to see that they had my phone number right - they had the wrong person altogether! Turns out the computer is not under warranty and we would have to go to the other Gizmos (Landford) where the computer was actually upgraded.
So my wife (and younger daughter as well by that time) drove across town to the Langford Gizmos. So it turns out that my warranty expired June 3rd which is about two weeks before the computer began exhibiting weird behaviour. However, since I also had other work done there since, they will try their best to see if they can minimize the cost of whatever repairs have to be done. We should be hearing on Saturday about that they found and how much it will cost.

I was not totally computer less at home though. As I mentioned yesterday I was able to bring an office laptop home for the weekend while the computer is being repaired. So I did not have to go through withdrawal as I did in the latter part of last night.

So not a bad day overall.

Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 1:41 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: