Wednesday, December 28, 2005
Drawback of having a car again
There is probably only one, and this is it: It is now entirely too easy to give up trying to fix something for dinner and just go out to eat something. When we were without wheels, we had to come up with something or it was go without food time. I'm afraid I am probably the worst as far as giving up on the trying to figure what to fix. I have to get out of that frame of mind.

I got up late this morning. It's not that I did not hear my alarm, because it rang at 7am and I remember turning it off. I just rolled over and the next thing I knew it was 8am. After taking a shower I missed the bus I wanted to take so I woke up my older daughter so she could give me a ride to the office. Soon after I got there my co-worker called to say she was running late and would not be in until 10am (about 45 minutes later than usual). That made me feel better as I was no longer the only one that had slept in.

Work was just the usual routine. We once again had a filesystem disappear on our busier Netbackup master server - this time it was 26 hours before it was noticed (24 of those hours were Christmas). As it was the last time, a reboot was needed to bring the filesystem back. Since this is the second time this has happened, a call has been opened with our hardware vendor. Maybe not coincidentally, the problems were exactly 1 week apart (within 2 minutes of the same time). Should be interesting to see what Sun comes back with.

Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:54 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: