Sunday, December 04, 2005
Microphone frustrations
My wife and I seem to keep missing each other - at least on MSN. We did get to chat earlier, but somehow we missed each other later in the day. Just in case we don't connect again today: "Love you and miss you!"

I am having trouble still with this one microphone at church. I may have mentioned that I have rented this mixing console so we could have more microphones to use. Everything is working great as far as I can tell, with only one problem. The microphone on the podium refuses to work with the mixing console. I should mention that all the XLR connections at church are reverse than what it is on the mixing console, so I had to buy some adapters. The store was out of Male/Male adapters so I have tried to get around that by getting a XLR (M) to 1/4" adapter. First I got a TRS 1/4" connector and that did not work. Then I saw that they had a cable XLR (M) to mono 1/4" adapter and I thought that this had to work. Well it did not. Now I am thinking that maybe the microphone uses phantom power and it will only work when I get the correct XLR (M)/XLR (M) adapter. I guess I better track one of those down.

Otherwise the day has been pretty quiet. It would appear my son is without internet access for the next little while (and has been for a while as well?) so that explains why there has not been any updates in his blog. He phoned today to let us know - of course he phoned while we were at church - and he sounds fine.

Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 8:45 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: