Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Catching up is hard to do
I have been trying to adjust to a new schedule and not having much luck so far. Since it is only my younger daughter and I left at home at the moment, I get to be the one to drive her to work in the morning - to her job that starts at 6am! So, since I normally get up around 6:45am for work, it seemed to me like I would just be losing sleep if I just drove her to work and then came back home - just to go back to work an hour or so later...

I therefore decided that I would match her shift at work. Which means that I get up at 4:45am so I can take a shower before going to work. The one thing that I have not really adjusted is the time I go to bed. This week so far I have gone to bed at 10:45 and 11pm, far short of my ideal bedtime of 9:30pm. Needless to say, I have been dragging since I have been usually short at least 1.5 hours of sleep every night. And since I normally updated my blog between 11pm and midnight before, this particular task has fallen by the wayside.

To catch everyone up on the car situation: I arranged for a ride to and from church on Sunday morning and then rented a car so I could get around to try and figure out how to get the battery recharged. Turned out that Wal-Mart does offer such a service: for $12 they will test and charge your battery. So I took the battery there and left it overnight. I picked it up on Monday during my lunch hour and installed it back in the car - which started immediately when I tested it after the battery install. That meant that I could return the rental car and only have to pay for one day's rental.

Today during my lunch hour I went to BCAA and ordered a Triptik - although it seems unlikely that it will be ready in time as they need 10 business days to fulfill the order. I did manage to get Tour Books for all the states we will be driving through; missing however is Southern California as they were out, and Louisiana as I did not think we would need it. I might just try the Broadmead office tomorrow to see if they have them.

I also took advantage of the fact that I was at BCAA to get my passport picture done, that way when my new birth certificate shows up I can go immediately to the passport office to order my new passport. It has been almost a month now since I ordered the birth certificate so it should show up any day as it is the turn-around they advertise.

Good day!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 3:49 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: