Saturday, January 07, 2006
More car fun
I was not going to recount the whole incident as I have already mentioned to pretty much everyone who reads this blog (yes, I have talked to that many people) but it would appear that I did anyway.

Suffice it to say that it turns out that our car likes to drain batteries. The car died while on my way to a store in downtown Victoria. I thought it was overheating (the temperature gauge was on the high side although it never went outside the "normal" range. So I walked to the store and back and I was finally able to get it restarted about 90 minutes after it died.

Then I did something stupid: instead of going straight home I assumed that everything was back to normal and went to another store. After spending about 30 minutes in that store I came back out and the car would not start. So I decided to give it more time and went for dinner. When I came back it still would not start so I walked to yet another store and came back after another 30 minutes. That is when it became obvious that it was the battery that was preventing me from starting the car. So I called a tow truck to get a boost. The car started immediately.

The car is now in the garage at home and, although I have not yet tried, I feel quite certain that it will not start as the battery is drained enough that it cannot start the car. Only thing left to figure out is how to get the battery recharged.

Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:59 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: