Monday, January 23, 2006
The great trek of 2006 - Day Three
I did not think it was possible to have a fuller day of travel than yesterday, but I was wrong. Both my wife and I were awake at 5am and decided to get up and get underway early. So we were on the road at 6am this morning. And we did not stop (well except for breakfast, lunch, and refueling - oh and to buy new pants) until 7:30 tonight. The end result is that we are now in Tucson, Arizona - just over 700 miles away from where we began!

If you had asked me in the morning if we were capable of driving 700 miles in a day I would have said no. I have done more than that once in my life, but I was in my early 20s then.

We have only 510 miles left to reach the midway point of our trip - where we go visit family. I would say that it is very likely that we will be there tomorrow.

Anyway I better go to bed since there is another full day of travel tomorrow.

Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 9:41 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: