Wednesday, January 11, 2006
One more soul in heaven
"And with your final heartbeat Kiss the world goodbye Then go in peace, and laugh on Glory's side, and Fly to Jesus Fly to Jesus Fly to Jesus and live!" Chris Rice, Untitled Hymn

My mother-in-law passed away today after a battle with liver cancer. My wife had been at her side for the last 6 weeks of her life. We are all flying down to attend the funeral and my wife and I will be driving back home afterwards. After 6 weeks apart it will give us almost 2 weeks by ourselves to get re-acquainted.

I advised work of the situation after I found out that she had passed away. I had told them ahead of time that I would be leaving for the funeral and the drive back, so it really was just a matter of letting them know that now was the time and that I would not be back for a month. I get 5 days off for bereavement leave, and I will take an additional 15 days of vacation.

Laugh on Glory's side, Mrs.G, and hopefully we will see each other again at the pearly gates.

Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 10:24 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: