Sunday, January 22, 2006
The great trek of 2006 - Day Two
Today was a full day of travel. We left Pelican, LA at 08:21 in the rain and it did not stop raining until after 1pm. At times, the rains were torrential. I think the last time I remember rain falling that hard was the last time we drove through Texas on our way down to Louisiana 12 years ago.

We did make good time however, good enough that we went further than our scheduled stop (Abilene, TX). We are now in Colorado City, TX which is a drive of over 500 miles. For whatever reason, today's drive seemed to me to me easier than yesterday's even though it was almost twice as long.

It looks like we have left the rains behind for the time being so I am looking forward to some sunshine to travel under. The original goal for day 3 was El Paso, TX so we will have to see how far we go. El Paso is still 397 miles away from here.

Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 7:05 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: