Sunday, May 21, 2006
I got started
The good news is that the piano bench is now devoid of any stuff; the bad news is that the stuff is now on the dining room table in three piles: discard, music, other. By far the biggest pile is the music pile, and that is what I had suspected. The plan is really to sort the music alphabetically and put in a binder for easy retrieval. The sorting and putting in the binder part will happen Monday.

The morning was for getting ready for and going to church. Pretty much the rest of the day was spent on the computers just trying new distributions to see if they could handle my old laptop with the Linksys PCMCIA wireless card. The only one (so far) that has made it easy to use that wireless card is DamnSmallLinux which is the smallest Linux distribution I have seen. It is spartan and utilitarian but can be run on low end machines. It did not recognize my wireless card - none of them did - but it was extremely simple to set up; something I was not able to do with the other distributions - even if they had the required software (which some of them did not).

Good night!
 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 11:57 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: