Sunday, May 28, 2006
Tranquility
This has been a very nice Sunday. I did go to church this morning, and then my older daughter took all of us to lunch at Cafe Mexico (Muchas Gracias!). The only downer is that my older daughter's boyfriend was not feeling well and could not come for lunch.

I also spent some time finishing the installation of Xubuntu on the old laptop we have here. This was not without its frustrating moments (more like hours) as I was not able to get the Desktop CD for Xubuntu would not complete the installation on the hard drive. I had to use the regular Ubuntu Desktop CD for the installation, and then install the xubuntu-desktop package to get the laptop to be set up the way I wanted it to be. I am hoping that it will work well; the distribution of Linux that I had installed on the laptop previously was pretty much abandoned by the company that had put it out.

Well I am going to go back to enjoying the day. Good bye!


powered by performancing firefox

 
posted by Christian Thibodeau at 6:41 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: